[Image Site Banner]
1 As Found
2 More Repairs and Upgrades
3 Serious Engine Work
4 To ROPS or Not To ROPS

1971 FORD 3000 TRACTOR


Tractor rollovers are the single deadliest type of injury incident on farms in the United States.

A ROllover Protective Structure, (ROPS) is a cab or roll bar that provides a safe zone for the tractor operator if the tractor should roll over.

A Falling Object Protective Structure, (FOPS) is a cab, roof, or screen that protects the operator from branches, rocks, and other falling objects.

This Ford 3000 tractor was built in the era when most manufacturers did offer ROPS as an option. Only a small percentage of these tractors were delivered with ROPS because the only regulations that require ROPS only apply to a business with 11 or more employees. Some vintage tractors got rollover protection when it was provided as part of a cab. My Ford 3000 never had a ROPS. Virginia does not have any funding for the program that might make the cost of a certified ROPS affordable. It has become apparent that this nearly 50 horsepower tractor is really more than needed for the small open areas we need to cut, maintain a driveway, and wooded trails. It has turned out to be a really great tractor, but will be sold to someone who wants/needs the additional weight and power. No way will I spend the money, or build a ROPS for a tractor I'm no longer planning to keep. I did a much longer writeup on the issues regarding factory built and homemade ROPS on my vintage page. If you want the rest of the story, here's a link to everything I've discovered about ROPS .


Go To Site INDEX


Content and Web Design by K. LaRue — This Site Was Last Updated 13 NOV 2018.

Optimized for Firefox
Get Firefox

All Tradenames and Trademarks referred to on these web pages are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with this web site, nor is this site sponsored or endorsed by them in any way.

All email addresses for this web site are set to agressively block ALL unsolicited advertising, sales pitches, nuisance web service offers, and other spam messages. I do not, and will not respond to the few that manage to make it thru the filters.